Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Update causing BSOD?

• Please log in to reply

soul40k

soul40k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
LOL!!!! hold on, let me be a retard for a second.. LOLZROFFLY COPPTERRRRRERRERERERREREE

I had a USB stick in, and as soon as i took it out, it launched properly...

After the install with the old Dlink, it loaded windows nooo problemmm...

I am goin to try and install some windows drivers again.

Update: For some reason registrering my computer just wont work.. I have 3 different, legit, cd keys for xp pro, and none of them are working. So I cant do that, sooo I will have to figure this out..

Edited by soul40k, 02 December 2007 - 02:28 PM.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
soul40K,

I am sorry but my honest answer to this is call the activation number and have them work it out.

soul40k

soul40k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Well... I reformated windows since I couldn't get it to validate even with them on the phone... They even suggested it. Now it validates with the CD keys i had, they couldnt figure out what that problem was either... I think i might be good now after this.. Ill make usre to stay away from everything that happened before.. (mainly the dlink driver lol)

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
soul40k,

Glad you got your system working. I would recommend creating a "hard disk image" of your system in the state it is in. Various programs can be used to do this like Norton Ghost or Acronis True image. There may also be some free programs for this however I can not think of them at this moment.

Edited by tuxmaster, 06 December 2007 - 05:38 PM.

soul40k

soul40k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
That i shall.