Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

playstation 3 display unit

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
hi there i recently bought a playstation 3 off of trade me, which is similar to ebay only having discovered that on the box it says "console modified for
IDU use only", i think that means its been modified for display. But i was told by the seller that you can reverse this setting to make it normal again.

The only problem is that i cant send it back to Sony as the original owner has lost the proof of purchase.

So now im stuck but is there any way i can reverse this i have tried formatting the harddrive but that still doesnt work.

Any help will be much appreciated!!

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
tbh mate i think you got done over by the seller most prob said dat just to make u think its worth buying ... ow much u buy it 4 doe ?