Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem

• Please log in to reply

anitanewname

anitanewname

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello i have a problem i cant get a single descent 3d game to work have latest video drivers computer good enough to run them much better than required can some1 point me in the right direction occiously when i click on the games it half loads then comes up with virtual memory error cannot be written at 502790156 some number ?????? and a couple of times the games even worked till i exit them and try to play the $!)@%ers later any of u fantastitcle people have a clue what i could do to resolve this problem

Advertisements

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts
Welcome to G2G Forums.

Here's a link that will help in understanding Virtual Memory and giving some pointers in how to trouble-shoot the issue.
http://www.askdaveta...in_windows.html

As you progress with your investigation, please feel free to ask specific questions as they arise.

Best Regards,
Doug

anitanewname

anitanewname

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
its not that i dont have too little virtual memory but it was interesting though cheers
sometimes the games goto load like get 2 screens then just stop with outerror msg/s

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts
Uninstall - Reinstall of the game application will often clear this up.
I know.... that can be cumbersome with many of the larger game loads. :)

We might be able to give you more constructive recommendations with a good overview of your machine's configuration and present performance.
Please consider doing the following:

Please Run the PCPitstop Full Tests, here:
http://www.pcpitstop.com
Register and create a password
Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.
Full Tests is the first item in the left hand column of that page.

The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.
Once you have your Results, please post the TechExpress Link back here into this thread for review.
TechExpress is the last item on the list in the yellow box in upper right area of any Results page.
Post the entire URL link information back here into this Forum thread.

Caution: During the testing of Video Adapter, a variety of patterns, shapes, colors and text are “flashed” onto the users monitor screen. In the many thousands of daily uses of the PCPitstop Full Tests over several years, two individuals who suffer epilepsy experienced discomfort and temporary dizziness when viewing the flashing patterns.
If you know that you are susceptible to photo driven seizure, look away from your screen during the Video Adapter testing sequence.