Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer wont turn on

• Please log in to reply

Darkmocha

Darkmocha

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

If the processor was Fried, Would this prevent everything from turning on? Fan and such? my fan used to come on now it isnt at all! I tried sticking my toung to the computer so I could be electricuted but there nothing going through it, I tested my power supply on another computer  works fine

View Post

You actually stuck you're tounge on a live computer? :tazz:

Anyway, if it works in another computer the problem isn't the power supply? Did you just build that computer? It sounds similar to the problem I had with my first system when I forgot to put the grounding screws into the case. The board worked for a little while then fried my motherboard and processor.

If the fans aren't coming on or anything, and it's not the PSU then it's the motherboard.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

If the processor was Fried, Would this prevent everything from turning on? Fan and such? my fan used to come on now it isnt at all! I tried sticking my toung to the computer so I could be electricuted but there nothing going through it, I tested my power supply on another computer  works fine

View Post

I said above that a failed CPU can prevent all from turning on. Did you test the wall outlet with your tongue too? Don't be an idiot and fry yourself, okay - burnt flesh stinks, and you would be a burden to someone to have to clean up after you. I suggest you take your system to someone who has a little understanding of the physics of electricity before you hurt yourself, or tragically, someone else.

L3vidog

L3vidog

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
[removed]

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

:tazz:  Dxm is a goofy thing. ok i'll take your advice and I'll stick my tounge to the outlet to see if theres power going through, Ill get back to you

View Post

Don't bother unless you are done playing games.

L3vidog

L3vidog

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
[removed]

Edited by admin, 22 April 2005 - 12:36 PM.

Darkmocha

Darkmocha

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Well thank you for wasting everyone's time, goodbye.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
User has been banned for this and other abuses. Also reported to their ISP, Bell Canada.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

User has been banned for this and other abuses. Also reported to their ISP, Bell Canada.

View Post

Thank you kindly!