Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook express need to hide e-mail

• Please log in to reply

tangerine3

tangerine3

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi,

I use outlook express to send and receive my e-mails. i am going to become a moderator for a forum and i will need to send out questionnaires to potential members so they can join. when i send out the e-mail i want a specific e-mail address to show; not my personal one. I use verizon as my isp and the only thing i can think of is to set up another e-mail account with them, but wanted to ask here first if there is something in outlook that would allow me to do this. Thank you.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If you just want to change the name displayed as the sender, you can do that in account options. If you want to hide your address in the headers, I can't help. Most forum software has a mass email program available in the control panel.
Johanna

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Surely the people who run your forum can provide you with an address you can use?

farmpond

farmpond

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Surely the people who run your forum can provide you with an address you can use?

Absolutely. Your hosting service (for your website and forum) should provide an email address. You should also be able to setup an account for it in Outlook Express and use the account as the sending account when sending messages to forum members.

Hmm, I see I joined this forum about 2 1/2 years ago, and this is my first post.

Edited by farmpond, 13 November 2007 - 07:41 PM.