Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Riddle to Solve...

• Please log in to reply

Tom Davis

Tom Davis

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I've been trying to figure this out for weeks and it just has me stumped. I just can't figure out what the email box code is for the life of me. Can anyone out there help or break this riddle and problem I can assure you this is 100% legit.

Here's what's going on: I have a key ghost logger on my computer. It secretly logs whatever is typed on my computer. It's perfectly legal as it's MY computer. It captures email passcodes mostly and I hooked it up to check out my girlfriend before we get serious together. It usually captures email passcodes quite easily as it is typed right after someone enters their email box name such as:

joeblow
(tab key)
sunnyday
(enter key)

Where as his email would be [email protected] and passcode would be sunny day. The tab key moves the cursor down to the passcode box and enter is hit after that to access the box.

Ok...I got her other two yahoo email passcodes just fine this way and snooped around a little bit at her incoming and outgoing email (she has 'sent items' turned on and everything seems fine. She did say that I wasn't very attractive but ok fine.

But here's the problem. For her other yahoo email box, she seems to be cutting and pasting somewhere along the line and/or doing something funny. She's entered it this exact same way, on three separate occasions with no deviations.

(note: I've changed her actual user name)

americaninla
(tab key)
(end key)
(up arrow key)
(insert key)
(end key)
(page up key)
(enter key)

It just baffles my mind what she could be doing! I know her email box is [email protected] (not her REAL email, just used for the sake of discussion) and then she hits the tab key to move the cursor down to the passcode box but then she hits the end key. Since nothing happens she must be copying and pasting something and putting it in there but then why hit the end key, then the up arrow key and then hit the 5 key twice AND then hit insert , end, and then page up??????

My God....it's just baffling.

Is there some obvious answer! My God..I'm lost.

Tom

Edited by Tom Davis, 17 April 2005 - 07:49 PM.

Advertisements

BTPH

BTPH

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
okay im new here so i dont know wots acceptable and wots not, and i dont know you so i cant make any real judgements about you but for [bleep] sake wot is wrong with you, youre going crazy trying to hack into ure girlfreinds email, u may as well put a phone tap on her house, steal her mail and read her [bleep] diary,

her email is her personal business, its not like shes plotting to kill you secretly and sell all your organs on the black market

your obviously a stereotypical tv nerd, sitting in ure parents basement with a klingon uniform or something (no offense to any startrek lovers) heres my advice, u got a gf, shes not smart enough to see the type of freak u are (and ne1 who would hack his gfs email for any reason is a freak) try not to [bleep] ruin it, shes already said ure unnatractive which means shes with u for personality (u must be a great actor) DONT [bleep] IT UP

i appologize to anyone i may have offended (except this guy)

and btw the key logger is legal and maybe even using it to get ure gfs password is legal (i dont think it is but i dont know) but ask youreself, is it ethical?!?!

Salient

Salient

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
It looks to me as if she has probably discovered that something is amiss with her PC ... if i was a betting man i would say she is using Privacy Keyboard or something with that same technology.

Let me also say that you really should cease your covert ops mission on your would-be girlfriend.

You can't make somebody like you, and these tactics are one thing that women hate the most ... Jealousy and Insecurity will lose you more girls than almost anything else - take it from me i was that same teen once myself.

I think if you are a member here, you are probably concerned with your security and online privacy - so please don't violate someone else's and well all get along just fine. :tazz:

Tom Davis

Tom Davis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
She did not suspect something is amiss with her PC because it's my PC.

And she's consistently entered this same combination over a dozen times over the last 9 months or so on my PC when she spends the night and checks her email. And I've successfully captured her other passcodes. A keyghost logger is impossible to detect as I have the kind that is built into my keyboard. She would have to take the keyboard apart and then know what she was looking for. Virtually impossible. Google search keyghost to read up on it.

Some people speak of privacy issues and PC security but forget that people have an entitlement to protect themselves and this includes checking out potential mates, particularly if they are a man and own a multi-million dollar business and have assets of over 2 million. There is no 'equality' in divorce court and the man gets raped every time.

While I'm against putting bugs on someone else's computer or phone and things like that, I'm NOT against bugging your own computer or phone. It's your property and people use it at their own risk. Similiar to when you visit a store or mall or even drive down the street and are filmed and monitored. The Courts have upheld that people do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy when they are in public or using someone else's phone or computer. I've already got the go-ahead from my attorney. It's perfectly legal.

It is something I have thought long and hard about and in today's society, with values and ethics so low, it's prudent for a man with any kind of wealth to have potential partners checked out in a quiet and non-obtrusive manner. Some of you may disagree with that, some may agree but it's certainly not something to insult or flame me with. It's a personal decision. Remember, I'm the one who worked for over 15 years night and day with nothing to build my advertising business....I'm not about to lose it in divorce with an unscrupulous woman. I have a responsibility to my children and my employees as well. With so much at stake, you can see where men (and women) would be more likely to do a little snooping on potential mates.

And to satisfy the question: I would not be offended if she snooped around on me at all as long as she did it in a legal matter as I am. I have nothing to hide.

I don't want this to turn into a flame thread or ethics discussion thread, so I'll leave it at this. If you want to start another thread about the ethics of what I've done, I'd be glad to join in on that.

But it seems that what she entered into the keyboard has everyone else stumped just as much as me.

Tom

The Doll

The Doll

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Why don't you just stand over her shoulder and watch her? I'm not trying to be a smarta**, it just seems like if you're that worried you may as well just watch her every move. If you're that concerned about what type of woman she is, then don't you think she deserves to know what kind of man you are? Perhaps, if you are honest with her you would have the opportunity to be pleasantly surprised at her honesty. I agree that it is important to protect yourself (whether you're rich or not) and sometimes it's difficult to know the type of people we're dealing with. However, I think you're digging a grave for what could have been a meaningful relationship with a method like this. Good luck, and I wish you two the best! I have no idea what those keystrokes are, but I'm going to mess around and try to find out for you.

PS.with that kind of dough cant' you buy the answer somewhere? :tazz:

Tom Davis

Tom Davis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes, I think I'm going to have to peek over her shoulder to get an idea of what she's doing. It just baffles me, she must be copying and pasting something from the yahoo sign in page, but why all the up arrow, page down and insert keys? It's weird. And she does it the exact same way every time.

BTPH

BTPH

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
okay uve already got 2 emails, wouldnt that be enough, im sure if she had some plot to marry u and then kill you an take the money, or divorce u an get half, she wouldnt email her friends about it, especially not from her computer, what can you possibly hope to achieve by this,

if your really as rich as you say cant you just hire someone to check her out, that seems reasonable, especiallt if you tell the person youve hired, "i dont want to know any details about her private life, i just want to know if she poses a threat to me, my kids or my company"

and sorry if i was rude before but i hate ppl hacking into other ppls emails, thats how i was outed, some jerk in my school hacked into my account and saw letters from my bf (which was especially bad since i went to an all boys school) so yeah... im against wot your currently doing and hope you do wots right and stop because as i said before its exactly like tapping her phone and reading her diary and mail

*this post was edited by a GeeksToGo Mod to replace an offensive word. Please try to refrain from swearing.

The Doll

The Doll

• Pip
  • 9 posts

okay uve already got 2 emails, wouldnt that be enough, im sure if she had some plot to marry u and then kill you an take the money, or divorce u an get half, she wouldnt email her friends about it, especially not from her computer, what can you possibly hope to achieve by this,

if your really as rich as you say cant you just hire someone to check her out, that seems reasonable, especiallt if you tell the person youve hired, "i dont want to know any details about her private life, i just want to know if she poses a threat to me, my kids or my company"

and sorry if i was rude before but i hate ppl hacking into other ppls emails, thats how i was outed, some (edited) in my school hacked into my account and saw letters from my bf (which was especially bad since i went to an all boys school) so yeah... im against wot your currently doing and hope you do wots right and stop because as i said before its exactly like tapping her phone and reading her diary and mail

View Post

I'm sorry that you had to go through that. I bet it was very difficult. I hope things are better for you now.

Edited by coachwife6, 21 April 2005 - 10:48 AM.

Tom Davis

Tom Davis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
To "The Doll",

I'm sorry that someone looked at your email and outed you. I would never do that. Remember that I'm only monitoring my own computer in my own home and I have made a pledge to myself to NOT divulge anything personal that I find of hers to anyone.

But the reason for my post to you is to tell you that you really should consider moving to a gay area. Personally, I'm straight but I live in Los Angeles which has a large gay community. No one here would care if you were 'outed'. In fact, they don't even use the term anymore because no one cares if you're gay or straight or whatever. I know you're young now and probably can't control where you live but just know that there are places you can go where you'll be much happier and free to live your life.

Don't let the people there get you down, my friend. Gays have fought long and hard for acceptance and created very large areas where they can live and be very happy and not have any problems at all. West Hollywood, San Francisco, and parts of New York.

In fact, some places are so gay that I get odd stares when I go out with my girlfriend !

The Doll

The Doll

• Pip
  • 9 posts

To "The Doll",

I'm sorry that someone looked at your email and outed you.  I would never do that.  Remember that I'm only monitoring my own computer in  my own home and I have made a pledge to myself to NOT divulge anything personal that I find of hers to anyone.

But the reason for my post to you is to tell you that you really should consider moving to a gay area.  Personally, I'm straight but I live in Los Angeles which has a large gay community.  No one here would care if you were 'outed'.  In fact, they don't even use the term anymore because no one cares if you're gay or straight or whatever.   I know you're young now and probably can't control where you live but just know that there are places you can go where you'll be much happier and free to live your life.

Don't let the people there get you down, my friend.  Gays have fought long and hard for acceptance and created very large areas where they can live and be very happy and not have any problems at all.   West Hollywood, San Francisco, and parts of New York.

In fact, some places are so gay that I get odd stares when I go out with my girlfriend !

View Post

:tazz: wait, wait, wait...i think you need to look at my post more closely. I was quoting BTPH, and telling him that I was sorry that he went through what he went through. I hope that you are more meticulous whilst snooping around on your girlfriend~~otherwise you might be missing something. I mean, what if she is the black widow and you don't even know it!

Edited by The Doll, 20 April 2005 - 11:33 AM.

Advertisements

BTPH

BTPH

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
look my being outeds happened a lkong time ago and im over it, ive got a nice established life, my friends have come to accept me as bi-sexual and ive graduated from highschool so the taunting and name calling has ended,

now tom as for you, ive mentioned above, youve got two of her email addresses youve looked through them and youve found nothing prooving shes a blakc widow, if she were and she had gotten far enough to gain access to your house an have talk of marriage im pretty sure shes not stupid enough to sit at your computer and send emails to her friends detailing her plots to kill you and take your money, if you really are as rich as you say do what all the other millionaires do, hire an investigator, tell them your not interested in any personal details and that all you would like them to do is check her out and make sure that she doesnt pose a threat to your or your family, that way you can have peace of mind

also btw, moving away from everyone is the worst thing an outed person can do, that just shows everyone that your weak and you cant handle it, im not going to make major changes in my life just for some small minded idiots

and the doll thank you for your sympathy, it was hard but im over it, its all water under the bridge for me

The Doll

The Doll

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Dear BTPH,
You sound like you really have your sheeet together. I love what you said about not moving from the people you know and love once your outed. You rawk! ...and I think that you and I would agree that Tom sounds a little like a nut job--no offense, Tom, but I think that's prolly true. Anywhooo...heh, heh...

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Tom Davis:

You are setting yourself up for a lawsuit dude.. Doesn't matter if it is your computer.. you are still hacking someone else's email and THAT, my friend, is an invasion of privacy and subject to litigation..

Don't get caught or you could be missing more than a girlfriend !!

Murray

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
OK,

I totally have to, (YEAH, have to) put my full 2 cents in here...

First, I want to say I was raised around men, actually prefer men as friends or best friends even.

OMG, talk about less drama... :tazz:

But I fully, totally and honestly AGREE with what Tom is doing.

What makes a difference if he hires someone to stalk her legally, or if he does what he is doing legally.

To be honest, Id rather have a guy check my e-mails, than to hire someone to stalk me... omg... Then if I come to find out, I would keep my gun loaded ....lol

Ok... well... It already is actually... :)

But anywho... I'm not trying to offend any females out here, I know that there is both non-respectful woman and men out there...

About equal if you ask me...

BUT !!!!!!!!!!

Going back to what Tom said about the legalities of a divorce, etc...
IT is a woman's world out there when it comes to that...

I mean, OH MY GOSH... If Tom was serious about this woman to the point of marriage, and then allows this new woman in his life to adopt his kids (for any reason why that would happen)

Then do you know that she has the chance of having those kids after a divorce, and then TOM would have to pay this woman child support...

My friend Nate has a daughter, and custody of her as well... He then got married, and now, guess who is going to have the daughter, and who is paying child support.

My husband was married before, and his Ex-wife (4years before divorce) was secretly taking money out of the shared account in the amount of 15 thousand dollars, and there was not a darn thing he could do about it.

And then still having to pay this woman 6 thousand from his 401K, she even got to keep his fathers day gifts from her children and from herself.

Sorry... ^5 to you Tom...

Go all the way Tom... I dont trust females as far as I can throw them... I guess that is why my best friend is a female and is from and still living in Romania ;)

Also, Tom... PLEASE dont be rushing into anything... I do hope you know better than that...

#1 Kids
#2 Business
#3 You

;)

The Doll

The Doll

• Pip
  • 9 posts

OK,

I totally have to, (YEAH, have to) put my full 2 cents in here...

First, I want to say I was raised around men, actually prefer men as friends or best friends even.

OMG, talk about less drama...  :tazz:

But I fully, totally and honestly AGREE with what Tom is doing.

What makes a difference if he hires someone to stalk her legally, or if he does what he is doing legally.

To be honest, Id rather have a guy check my e-mails, than to hire someone to stalk me...  omg... Then if I come to find out, I would keep my gun loaded ....lol

Ok... well... It already is actually...  :)

But anywho...  I'm not trying to offend any females out here, I know that there is both non-respectful woman and men out there...

About equal if you ask me...

BUT !!!!!!!!!!

Going back to what Tom said about the legalities of a divorce, etc...
IT is a woman's world out there when it comes to that...

I mean, OH MY GOSH...    If Tom was serious about this woman to the point of marriage, and then allows this new woman in his life to adopt his kids (for any reason why that would happen)

Then do you know that she has the chance of having those kids after a divorce, and then TOM would have to pay this woman child support...

My friend Nate has a daughter, and custody of her as well...  He then got married, and now, guess who is going to have the daughter, and who is paying child support.

My husband was married before, and his Ex-wife (4years before divorce) was secretly taking money out of the shared account in the amount of 15 thousand dollars, and there was not a darn thing he could do about it.

And then still having to pay this woman 6 thousand from his 401K, she even got to keep his fathers day gifts from her children and from herself.

Sorry...  ^5 to you Tom...

Go all the way Tom...  I dont trust females as far as I can throw them... I guess that is why my best friend is a female and is from and still living in Romania  ;)

Also, Tom...  PLEASE dont be rushing into anything...  I do hope you know better than that...

#1 Kids
#2 Business
#3 You

:)

View Post

So, now we have two nut jobs in this thread? ;)