Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple artifacts on radeon 9800 Pro

• Please log in to reply

byru

byru

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Nice to meet you all , I'm a newbie
I've tried to search the forums but still I didn't have the solutions I'm searching for ..

I'll make it quick ..
I have problem with my graphic card ( I bought it from friend of mine ), FYI , my old card is GForce 4MX400.
I uninstalled my old graphic card from control panel and also using driver cleaner to make sure that anything related to Nvidia is all gone.

I put radeon 9800 Pro 128MB ( HIS Excalibur ) into my mainboard, I've check it that all connectors are on it's place.

Then .. the problems start .. ( for explanation, I included it on attachments below ).

Some of my friends call it artifacts .

btw, My Specs are :
AMD Barton 2500+
2x256MB DDR PC 2100
PSU 300W
2 hard drives and 2 optical drives.

Can someone give me a solutions for my problem ?

thanks in advanced

Attached Thumbnails

• Resize_of_IMG_2259.JPG

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
That is uaually caused by a bad card, are you sure it worked in your friends computer before installing in yours?

During transfer of the card is it possible it was subject to static electricity

Rick

Edited by Doby, 17 April 2005 - 08:19 PM.

byru

byru

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yup, I already tested it . and it works ...
If it's static I believe that's not the problem..

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hmmm, Was your old card a agp card or pci?

The pic you attached was from bios and had artifacts before getting into windows indicating to me the card is bad witch you have ruled out or maybe the agp bus.

What is your agp voltage set at?

The big thing is I don't think the 300w psu is enough to run that card and I don't know what mobo you have but with a 2500+ barton I would not use less then a 400w name brand.

I recomend you upgrade the psu

Rick

byru

byru

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My old card was AGP.
I've checked the AGP voltage and it's set to auto.
is there any recomendation what voltage I have to set ?

Ok, I'll try using 400W PSU, just to make sure is it really PSU problem or it's just my Motherboard's

thank u so much

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Are you using any kind of monitoring software it will list what volts the agp bus is getting it should be 1.5 but you could try 1.55 to see if it helps. When any setting is set to auto it just makes sense to check that it is actually correct.

Rick