Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD - 0x000000BE

• Please log in to reply

horitaas

horitaas

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi. I have the bsod on my computer and i cant even start it. ive tried everything, the go to last configuration, safe mode, all of the options. nothing works. ive gone to many help sites but i cant understand what half of them are saying. i copied down the error like one site suggested and all i know is that my error has something to do with attempted write to read only memory. if someone could please help, i dont have the money to take it to the shop. thanks :)

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Quote from Microsoft in this link:

If the computer will not start normally, try starting it in Last Known Good Configuration or in Safe Mode, and then remove or disable newly added programs or drivers. For information about how to start your computer in Safe Mode, see Start the computer in Safe Mode. For more information about how to start your computer in Last Known Good Configuration, see Start the computer using the last known good configuration.

Important

When you use Last Known Good Configuration, system setting changes made after the last successful startup are lost.

Note

You can search the Microsoft Web site for updated information on this Stop message. To do this, see Welcome to Microsoft Help and Support at the Microsoft Web site, click a search option, and then follow the instructions on the page. When typing keywords, use stop 0x000000BE.

For more information about articles, troubleshooting wizards, and items you can download, see Updated technical information.

horitaas

horitaas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi. I tried every option and even hit F8 and tried all those. Ill check out microsoft again though

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I am sorry, I didn't read your first post correctly. In essesnce, this BSOD can be the result of many causes including a mismatching or corrupted driver or programs. Whatever the case we must boot the computer before anything else. I suggest that you perform xp repair installation as per instruction written in the link in my signature below. PLease note:

1: If you do not have xp installation disk you may borrow one of the same version and use your product key. This is perfectly legal.

2: Your files and data wll not be affected by the procedure, however, it is not always successful.