Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Getting delete rights

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi !

I have an accute problem here: I can not log in with any account that has admin rights. even in safe mode. I get a blue screen after a few sec then reboot.
At the same time, it is probably linked, I have a trojan : My problem is that I can not delete the virus and trojan files.
So How could I tweak win xp (pro SP2) to get delete rights from the limited account (this is my own PC I am not trying to hack daddy's pc).

Edited by flupke, 10 November 2007 - 02:39 PM.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello flupke,

In general practice, we try to make sure that, if you have posted in the malware forum, your HJT log is declared clean before continuing to troubleshoot other windows problems. More often than not, the malware on a machine causes issues that don't appear to be malware-related. Please finish your former thread at VUNDO SMIT FRAUD, after which we can continue here, if need be.