Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems w/ CoD4. Insert disk error. Happens on 2142 as well.

• Please log in to reply

AHammer

AHammer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
So I just purchased CoD4, Installed w/ 0 errors. When i try to run the game i get "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM and restart application".
I believe I have had this problem before with BF2142, EA fixed it by giving me an downloaded version of the game as opposed to a DVD-ROM based version. From what i remember it was an issue related to DMA. Sonic has been removed from programs, which I believe is the source of the DLA. When i go into my drive properties i see no refrence to DMA at all. I believe this issue causes all of my DVD rom games, BF2 BF specialforces... and COD4, to not run. What is the source for this problem? I have a great service contract w/ dell but they seem to have no clue. I have been told before that i must be running a disc copying utility, which I am not. Any solutions or clues to find this [bleep] source of my frustrations?

Sys spec:
Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11
Memory (RAM): 2046 MB
CPU: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz
CPU Speed: 2112.2 MHz
Sound card: SigmaTel Audio
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Screen Resolution: 1280 X 1024 - 32 bit
:
Network Adapters: Intel® 82566DC Gigabit Network Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: D: PHILIPS DVD-ROM DROM6316 | I: TSSTcorpDVD+-RW TS-H553A
:
COM Ports: COM3
LPT Ports:
Mouse: 16 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 228.1GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 194.3GB
USB Controllers: 7 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): 1 host controllers.
:
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Product Make: Dell DXP061
:
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: ATAT COMPATIBLE 033007 DELL 14
Time Zone: Central Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0WG855
Modem: Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem

Thanks All

AHammer

Edited by AHammer, 10 November 2007 - 05:34 PM.

Advertisements

AHammer

AHammer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
What, No one feels the love?

Asikari

Asikari

• Pip
  • 2 posts
GRRR!!! I have the same problem, with the same games. I think I've spent a total of 10 hours solid googling now, tried everything and still no answers.
Is your DVD drive a SATA connection? Because that and Copy Protection software incompatability are the only two semi-explinations I have found. This is doing my head in!!!!

Sean

AHammer

AHammer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yeah i have found no help from the game producers and dell. I would expect some of these "experts" at this site to at least respond with some ideas. I have a Special deal w Dell and they are shipping a new computer to me to replace the one that give me this error, it also is constantly messing things up. Wish you good luck w/ your problems. If i figure it out i will reply with results.

Asikari

Asikari

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Lucky for some :) Costom built PC here, and no money to buy a new DVD drive. It seems no one can solve this problem. I must have posted on 4 different forums, and browsed hundreds and nothing has worked.

Good luck anyway, hope you get it working.

Sean