Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Win98 Update

• Please log in to reply

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Ok I checked the windows web site and said as of last year they dont support 98 anymore.
Is there any way to update 98 after a reinstall?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Grab everything on the Windows Update site and that's about all you can do.

Unfortunately if Microsoft are not issuing new updates for 98, then that's the end of the matter I'm afraid. For continued support and updates, it's XP or Vista now I'm afraid.

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
yea im not looking for new updates, just the latests ones that they put out so I can update the 98 for a friend to the best it will get lol

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
you can check around for the unofficial service pack for windows 98. I think it's on version 2. Obviously it's not supported my microsoft but then again neither is win98 anymore.... I think I saw it on majorgeeks.com awhile back but not too sure...

Oh and use at your own risk....

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
http://www.softpedia...dows-98SE.shtml

275 MB, Windows 9X

http://www.softpedia...vice-Pack.shtml

16.6 MB, Windows 9X

heres two links