Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp upgrade problems

• Please log in to reply

saintbw

saintbw

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Since upgrading to XP from ME I haven't been able to change my color quality or screen resolution. The slider bars do not work. I was on the phone for 3 hours :) with a MS Tech and wasn't able to resolve the issue. Been trying to figure this out for 5 days now (I'm still a novice computer geek) Have tried updating my drivers, etc. but so far no luck. I did have a warning come up during install that I can't remember either, sorry, at least not word for word. Had to do something with display something or nother. Trying to find a solution before reinstalling if possible. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate your time and help.

Advertisements

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Post this in the Windows XP, 2000, 2003, NT forum.

If the install had an error that to do with the display, than that is your problem. You sure you installed the right drivers for your graphicd card/onboard graphics. Also make sure they for the right operating system. [XP/2000/2003 etc]

saintbw

saintbw

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
So how do I move this?

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
One of the moderators will see this and move it for you :) They on the ball these guys