Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

iTunes won't open

• Please log in to reply

Brian8673

Brian8673

• Pip
  • 7 posts
When I attempt to open/run iTunes it starts to load then just stops but in my task manager it shows it as running. This started after I updated to the new version. Anyone know anything that could resolve this besides reformatting?

Advertisements

xtthew!

xtthew!

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Did You Try Uninstalling Then Reinstalling iTunes?

jaimejd007

jaimejd007

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
When you say iTunes stops, what do you mean exactly? Because I had the same problem with an earlier version of iTunes where it would say "Updating library" or something to that extent whenever I would open it and then it would get stuck there forever. So this may be that same problem.

-jaimejd007/Karasuhebi

Brian8673

Brian8673

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i believe it is but when i say stop i mean it just seems like it stops loading it (hourglass goes away)

jaimejd007

jaimejd007

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
If this is indeed the same problem, I have to ask you: Do you listen to (or are subscribed to) podcasts inside of your iTunes library?

-jaimejd007/Karasuhebi

Brian8673

Brian8673

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
none whatsoever

seahero93

seahero93

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am experiencing the identical problem. I am unable to open iTunes via any method (icon, toolbar, etc.). When I first try, I hear it start to open and see the hourglass as usual. Then, the hourglass stops, as does the usual noise of the program loading.

I get no error messages whatsoever...nothing. However, later, when I go to shut down my PC, I get a message that indicates that iTunes is open (running in the background) and is slow to shut down.

I have tried removing it and reinstalling it several times- same problem remains, even though the program apparently has been successfully installed. Quicktime (which is packaged with iTunes) works.

I am starting to think that this is some kind of malware or something. However, perhaps it has something to do with the new version of iTunes? I also upgraded I believe within a few days of this problem, but I cannot remember.

Brian8673

Brian8673

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
^^
my problem is seahero93's exact problem too.