Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Is my old i tunes library gone?

• Please log in to reply

Aragorn55

Aragorn55

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I had to install Windows XP on my old Notebook so my daughter could hook up her Nano. Everything went fine excepting her old very extensive I tune library has disappeared. I dont see any change in the amount of disc space used so I am hoping it is hiding somewhere. Does anyone know how I might find it and transfer it? You will score major points for me in the eyes of my offspring!

Advertisements

jaimejd007

jaimejd007

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
I think you still haven't gotten an answer because people need a little bit more info to be able to help you. When you say you installed Windows XP in your old notebook...do you mean updating from some older Windows version to Windows XP?

-jaimejd007/Karasuhebi

Aragorn55

Aragorn55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry...I did upgrade from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 because the new Nano demanded it!!! Then after upgrading from the CD we noticed the library was GONE...my daughter located some of her downloads but the music from her hundreds of CD's is what we can't locate...thnx so much for whatever you can do....

jaimejd007

jaimejd007

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Her music should still be in there, yeah. The problem probably is that when you updated Windows, you lost your iTunes library file (along with some other setting files on other programs).

All you need to do is locate where you saved those CDs (if they were ripped by iTunes, they are probably in the "My Music > iTunes > iTunes Music" folder) by means of a Windows search and then re-add them to your iTunes library.

-jaimejd007/Karasuhebi

Aragorn55

Aragorn55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your response...she did look in that area; that's where she found her downloads from the I tunes store and other sources...unfortunately the CD's dont seem to be there, even when we do a search for hidden files...the reason I think they are still somewhere is the upgrade didnt free up any discspace and their library has taken up a ton of it...any more ideas?