Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Thanks to don77 and gerryf

• Please log in to reply

fshmn

fshmn

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
don77 and gerryf:

Thank both of you for all the help and suggestions you gave me in trying to solve my difficulties with the "smitfraud" problem.

I am impressed that this board exists and that knowledgable "geeks" are willing to help novice users such as myself when problems occur that are far beyond our capabilities to deal with.

In the past, I would have thrown up my hands, bought a new hard drive and started over. Consequently, I would have lost many hundreds of files and links I refer to regularly, not to mention the amount of time it would take to put several years of accumulated information back onto a new hard drive.

I am sure I am speaking for many, when I say:
Thanks to those of you who are willing to share your expertise and your time to help those of us who cant help themselves.

fshmn

Advertisements

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Moving to Comments/Suggestions.

Good work don and gerryf :tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts

In the past, I would have thrown up my hands, bought a new hard drive and started over. Consequently, I would have lost many hundreds of files and links I refer to regularly, not to mention the amount of time it would take to put several years of accumulated information back onto a new hard drive.

That is why many of us choose to spend so much of our time helping others. We may have lost similar important information, or just can't stand to see others lose so much. I'm so glad we were able to help you, and your data! :tazz:

don77 and gerryf, nice work guys. ;)

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Thanks for the kind words fshmn

I m glad we got it sorted out for you

Don