Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop Pic Missing

• Please log in to reply

mhughes

mhughes

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I had the IE Defender problem all weekend (which I fixed after finding this site) but somehow, the photo on my desktop will not display. All of my desktop icons come up, but the picture does not. When I go to display, you can go to desktop but it's frozen.....no changes can be made.

I can click on Screensaver, etc. and it's all working, but the desktop window shows inactive. When I reboot my computer, the picture that I have on there will come up in a stretched position, but once the icons come up, the pic goes away!

Did the IE Defender delete something? HELP! I've tried system restore and it won't let me! :)

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Try Kelly's fix. #285 right side: Restore All Display Tabs: http://www.kellys-ko...m/xp_tweaks.htm

Copy everything including the header and paste into Notepad. 'Save as..' a .reg file. Right click the saved file and choose 'Open with...' Select Regedit. Reply yes to the confirmation dialog.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Also just found this from Ramesh:

Start Regedit.exe and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
(and)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Delete the values "Wallpaper" and "WallPaperStyle" in the right-pane. CloseRegedit.exe."

--Regards,Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]Windows� XP

I believe a reboot would also be required to effect the change.