Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Creative MediaSource & Windows Media Player 11

• Please log in to reply

actorbloke

actorbloke

• Pip
  • 3 posts
OK here goes.

I have a CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS PLATINUM SOUND CARD and all the software that goes with it (MediaSource go equlaizers, surround sound, audio effects etc.)

Until recently it has been working fine. When suddenly I was getting the following errror message whenever i tried to open the volume contols or indeed anything CREATIVE.

"The audio device supported by this application is not detected."

Now this perplexed me, as I was actually able to play music throuhg Windows Media PLayer 11.

So I did a system restore (back about 6 weeks) but I was getting the same problem.

So I unistalled the software, cleaned the registry using CCleaner, reinstalled the software, and still got the same problem.

So I went one step further and completely uninstalled the sound card, its drivers and softwares, cleaned the registry, and reinstalled it all. Still got hte same error message.

So i updated the software driver (fololowing instruction from a help file) and MediaSource worked!! YIPEE!

BUT!

Now Media player 11 won't play a damned thing.

It won't play a CD, a video or any of my ripped music. When I click on a track to play i get the folowing "Cannot play the file because there is a problem with the sound device. It is either not installed, used by another application or not wroking properly."

Well I know the sound card is installed because i'm not getting any errors. And I can play any files using Real Player and Creative Media Player.

I have tried reinstalling Windows Media Player 11 but get the same problem.

I have always had more than one applicatoin for playing music and videos and they have always worked fine.

What can i do so I can enjoy my Windows Media Player again while still enjoying the use of my rather expensive Creative Software.

By the way, when I rollback to the previous Creatvie drive Media PLayer works, but MediaSource doesn't.

I've virus checked, control panel checked (to my ability) and ade sure the sound card is recognised and working properly.

I'm confused and frustrated and would be ever so grateful if one of you wonderful people could save me from borderlilne insanity.

Many thanks.

Actorbloke

Advertisements