Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Software

• Please log in to reply

D.J.

D.J.

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I was just curious if I needed a "wireless software" for my laptop after doing a recovery on my laptop? I have a feeling that after perform the recovery, my laptop will no longer be able to detect my wireless router.

Advertisements

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
There is no need for a "wireless software," as long as the wireless connection in the Network Connections page (go to Control Panel then select the Network Connections icon) is enabled (you'll find a wireless connection icon on that page and then below it will say connected), and that the wi-fi switch is on (you can usually find this switch around the side of the laptop, a light beside the switch would lit up indicating that wireless is enabled) then you're laptop will be able to see your wireless router again.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
XP has far better built-in wireless networking support/features than any third party software I've ever seen.
It is a strong recommendation to install Service Pack 2 though as it fixes an issue with wireless connectivity after a restart and also overhauls the wireless interfaces to be much more user-friendly.