Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot access PHP sites

• Please log in to reply

juggalords

juggalords

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My friend cannot access sites that use PHP. Is there anything he can do to fix that? He has tried IE7, Firefox, and Opera, but still nothing. Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello juggalords,

The following troubleshooting guide addresses a different issue, but may be indirectly related/resolved through the steps presented:
Windows XP: Internet Explorer Cannot Connect to Secure Web Sites - HelpWithWindows.com

Please have your friend go through this guide and give us an updated status report.

Regards,

Ax

juggalords

juggalords

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
We tried everything in the link and still nothing. He can access the site using a proxy site, but not one that uses PHP.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What sites are not working?
A PHP site is a site that uses server-side technology to make web page. There is nothing to install on a client's end as the page is made by the server on the fly.
It's possible to filter access to a website through PHP technology if said user has been banned from that site.

juggalords

juggalords

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The specific site is www.freeforums.org

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Try the following as well:
Check the file integrity of the IE and Outlook:

Start | Run, type scf /scannow (It might ask for the Windows CD to upload the corrupted files)

Re-registering the softpub.dll (dynamic link library) :

Start | Run, type regsvr32 softpub.dll andd wait for the OK message; then try again.

Regards,

Ax

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
What does Java Tester report?
Johanna

de Mora

de Mora

• Pip
  • 1 posts
was there a resolution to this problem? i have the same difficulty.. it started when i installed firefox ... i have uninstalled firefox but still cannot access .php websites without using a proxy server... this is hugely frustrating as i could only a matter of days ago.........

Syconate

Syconate

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm also having problems with .php sites. www.we.ridebik.es is the site in question. It is the only site that I cannot access.

I use IE7 but have tried firefox with no luck. I have also checked the firewall settings.

I am using Windows Live One Care and I am wondering weather the site above may have been blocked by accident (so many alerts pop up with Live One Care).... I have no clue here but I am hoping someone can help.

Nate

Syconate

Syconate

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Anyone? :)

Edited by Syconate, 02 February 2008 - 07:17 PM.