Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Using a laptop as a LAN line router

• Please log in to reply

Mrache

Mrache

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I want to use my laptop's wireless for my xbox, the only problem it all the online help is for XP and there is no support for Vista, i tried going to xbox, but microsoft is a racket and they only give you the option to buy the wireless adapter($100 can you believe it??!?). Anyway, i tried everything the XP help told me to do but there are two TC/ICP drivers in the list of options and it just throws everything off. I tried using an ad-hoc network but that failed mostly because I am not very tech savvy. IF anyone is familiar with the wireless properties of Vista and can just give me the steps involved in re-routing my laptop's wireless to a land line that would be excellent. The xbox automatically detects IP address and the such but I dont know how to get the wireless and land line tied together. Any help us much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

-Ryan

Advertisements