Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Vaio load error

• Please log in to reply

xrunner

xrunner

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Sony Vaio VGN-TX650P. At startup get the error message, "Load error. Press a key to reboot".

Previously I used Sony's System Recovery DVD to fix a problem accessing IE. It was a complete recovery, the computer appeared to be working fine, but some programs were lost. While reinstalling Norton System works the computer shut down and now I can't get past the Load error message.

Help. Sony tech support ran me through some standard troubleshooting recovery processes, but tech support says I have a hardware problem. I don't agree.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
See if you can get it to start Windows in 'safe mode' by (usually) holding down F8 when you switch on and choosing 'safe mode' from the advanced startup options which should appear. In safe mode, uninstall Norton and leave it uninstalled. Now see if laptop will boot normally. If safe mode won't boot either then I'd agree with your tech support it looks like a hardware problem.