Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Unable to connect to the internet except.. limewire?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:) Hey Guys!

About two months ago my main gaming computer disconnected me from the internet, and refused to reconnect to anything EXCEPT Limewire. Was confused, and after a few days of trying to figure out what was wrong, I gave up and plugged in my dad's old alienware, which is about 6-7 years old and completely blows, lol.

Today while playing the same computer MMORPG (World of Warcraft) a friend of mine (with a completely different PC, his was store bought and mine was made, different internet hosts or whatever) had the same problem. He was disconnected from Ventrilo, was able to type to us in game about being unable to connect to ventrilo, and then was disconnected from the MMORPG as well as the internet entirely EXCEPT, one again, from Limewire.

Now we're both working with completely different things, and only have a two things in common with our computers - We play World of Warcraft, have ventrilo, and Limewire as far as we are aware.

Has anyone seen or heard of this problem before? We're completely lost, and no where else does there seem to be an answer, or a similar problem happening anywhere else. :)

Hope you can help us out, Kat. :)