Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Recover Deleted Partition

• Please log in to reply

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
While working on my laptop yesterday, I (accidentally) deleted my data partition. (Arrogant techs dont do themselves any favours by going fast...)

How can I recover my files? The partition is deleted and has Not been overwritten, shouldnt there be a tool out there that can grab the backup file table and restore this partition?

I've already tried Acronis disk director's recovery app, and Partition Table Docror 3.5, both without success.

I'd really appreciate, lost a heavy week's of work on there. Thanks.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You might have more luck with this: http://www.partition-recovery.com/

stearmandriver

stearmandriver

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
diydatarecovery's Diskpatch is supposed to be good too... and Test Disk is free.

I havent tried any of them yet though... they're in my future when I get back from this trip unfortunately.
:-(

Vaillant

Vaillant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Thanks a bunch Pip, Active File Recovery did the job perfectly, didnt loose a single file!

Untill next time, Joe.