Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ebay problem, Can anyone break the puzzle?

• Please log in to reply

theo dapore

theo dapore

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
Maybe this isn't the correct place to ask this question. If not if someone could please direct me as to where to ask for help I would apprieate it very much.
The question is; I list my original art on ebay, art,contemporary1950-now, american catagory. I pay for a featured plus listing. as do many other artists .(about 500 listings) The main time that a listing gets exposure is when it is newly listed and is on the first page of newly listed. Around 2 months ago I noticed that artists listings where appearing at the top of the newly listed page, when opening and viewing the listings they where listed at a previous date and should not be in this location. Many artist ads are appearing as newly listed and what this is doing is moving my listings many pages away from the starting exposure. This is damaging my market badly, I have lost over 80% of my gross sales.
I don't know if there is something in the html code that is causing the ads to show as new listings, something that is being controlled by ebay. or some other reason that this is happening. I had spoke with ebay when I first noticed this occurring and they offered no help. The person that I had spoke with indirectly indiacated that the artist are doing this by revising there listings. I had waited for ebay to correct this problem but after 2 months I have tried to revise some of my listings to compete with the market and survive what is not being fixed.
I am suppling the address of my ebay listings, and the address of ebay, art contemporary 1950- now.
If anyone can break this puzzle it would be greatly apprieated.
Thank you in advance for your time.
Theo Dapore Studio Dapore
Midway Mall
Elyria, Ohio
ebay art contemporary 1950-now http://art.listings....ListingItemList

studio dapore on ebay http://stores.ebay.c...Q3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

Advertisements

VinnyPanico

VinnyPanico

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
What do you mean by "Featured Plus"? There is like a $20 charge you can pay to have your item appear at the top of the page. Are you sure they aren't just doing that?

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
You could try the eBay community forums.

-AgentMES

jdzcool

jdzcool

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
It could be from the changes they have recently made in the detailed seller ratings seach optimization. It goes like this. the sellers who have the best dsr ratings are going to be featured more prominatly in the search results than sellers with lower dsr ratings. It was part of ebays plan to reward the best sellers on ebay. As far as i can tell, not many sellers are liking this feature. You can read more about it on ebays discussion forums.

Jim