Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Glitches that are boggling my mind

• Please log in to reply

Darth_Hatter

Darth_Hatter

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hey i have a amd athlong 64 3500+, 2 gb of ram, dfi lanparty motherboard, an nvidia 7800GT pci express graphics card, 1 cd drive and one dvd drive and 5 hard drives running on a 580 watt power supply.

Do you think i could be getting artifacts and weird colors because of an insufficient power supply. my roommate has the same video card and we swapped them out and i was getting the same random blue green red pixels on my desktop and artifacts in game.

Posted Image

Posted Image

any insight as to why this is happening would be wonderful

Edited by Darth_Hatter, 13 November 2007 - 04:41 PM.

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Has this occurred for the entire time you've had this computer, or only when you've added a component? If it is the latter, what component caused this?

Darth_Hatter

Darth_Hatter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Has this occurred for the entire time you've had this computer, or only when you've added a component? If it is the latter, what component caused this?

its been happening for as long as i can remember, ive been getting artifacts in cs source no matter what graphics settings i put it at and the random pixels on the desktop have been happening for about a year. as far as i can remember it didnt start after adding any components.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Does your mobo have onboard graphics by any chance? If so, remove your graphics card and try using the onboard graphics.

If your mobo does not have onboard graphics, try disconnecting as many components as possible (like 4 hard drives, and the CD drive) and see if the problem persists.

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Wow is that the game Portal. That is weird that I was able to pick that out.

My only thought is that the Video card is loose.

Edited by jackflash1991, 13 November 2007 - 07:23 PM.