Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Biggest Football Rivalry Game of the Year

• Please log in to reply

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
50 miles! OMG!

Advertisements

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
I'm a little late on this one - my favorite rivalries are as follows:

College football:
Boston College Vs. Boston University
Florida State Seminoles Vs. UF Gators
University of Vermont Vs. University of New Hampshire - The Shrine Maple Sugar Bowl

College Basketball: University if Vermont (UVM) Vs. any team.

Semi-Pro Basketball: Vermont Frost Heaves Vs. any team

Pro Football: New England Patriots Vs. New York Jets

Pro Basketball: Boston Celtics Vs. LA Lakers

MLB: Boston Redsox Vs. New York Yankees - Of course, this is a GIVEN :)

Brian

Edited by **Brian**, 18 November 2007 - 09:42 AM.

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Not really,landlord.In my younger days i ran marathon&ultramarathon,9times the Comrades marathon in south africa,i loved the two oceanmarathon the best.

Wow, ultra marathons? 50 or 100 mile? My next door neighbor is runs marathons, ultra marathons, and has also competed in triathlons, and she has a good friend who has been running ultra marathons for 20+ years. My neighbor is running this race on Sunday. I just can't even imagine running that far.

The Comrades Marathon is 89km/56miles,with variation(uphill or downhill run).It covers the distance
between Pietermaritzburg and Durban or vice versa.A beautyfull run,except for*Big Mama*(a climb
that makes you cough up your guts and forget your manners).I loved the Two ocean marathon the
most,56km of pure beauty the view from chapmans peak is breathtaking.To qualify,you need to run
a few standard marathons and finish of course.I dont think i'll be able to run a marathon in a urban
surrounding,i like to see land,sea&mountains! :)

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Ohio, ahem, won the game. I'm originally from Pittsburgh, PA, home of the Steelers. The Steelers have a more loyal fan base than any other team in the world, which is evident because I don't particularly like football, understand football or care. My mother in law baked cookies and bought pop for the kids because there is a game on at 4pm. The kids don't understand the fuss of a football game, but grandma is certainly animated and entertaining while the Steelers play! Who would guess an old white haired lady could be so...vicious? "Break his knees!" She will scream. "Knock him down!" The kids love the cookies and the show.
Johanna

IAIN -Y-

IAIN -Y-

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
In England there are a few big derby games such as:

Manchester derby - Manchester United v Manchester City
Midlands derby - Birmingham City v Aston Villa
North East derby - Sunderland v Newcastle United

For my local team it would have to be:

Wigan Athletic v Bolton Wonder's. My team [Wigan] is most prob. the smallest club in the english football [soccer] league.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

The kids love the cookies and the show.

Would that be the game, or grandma's antics? :)

dnrflorence

dnrflorence

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Ohio, ahem, won the game. I'm originally from Pittsburgh, PA, home of the Steelers. The Steelers have a more loyal fan base than any other team in the world, which is evident because I don't particularly like football, understand football or care. My mother in law baked cookies and bought pop for the kids because there is a game on at 4pm. The kids don't understand the fuss of a football game, but grandma is certainly animated and entertaining while the Steelers play! Who would guess an old white haired lady could be so...vicious? "Break his knees!" She will scream. "Knock him down!" The kids love the cookies and the show.
Johanna

Ohio wins and Lloyd Carr is expected to retire today. What a shame that he couldn't beat Tressel. Not really, Go Buckeyes! :) Pass me another one mate! :) By the way, what happened to the Steelers? I am not a part of the loyal fan base but I have a lot of friends that are. I just wanted to ask....The Jets??!! :)

Pluto56

Pluto56

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Want to see the game of the year in college football???? It's tomorrow night, Saturday, on ABC television here in the States. #2 Kansas against #4 Missouri. They've always been "border rivals" anyway in football and basketball, and this year it may have national championship implications. Especially if #1 LSU loses today! They're in overtime against Arkansas right now.

Pluto56

Pluto56

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Well, LSU lost.......... makes Missouri/Kansas the game of the season!

Edited by Pluto56, 24 November 2007 - 08:47 AM.

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Johanna

*zorba thinks, granny took the kids to a wrestlingmatch,not football!Since your kids have no knowledge about football,granny could have taken them anywhere! :)

Advertisements