Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD RW changes to CD Rom when blank dvd is inserted

• Please log in to reply

jmadden85

jmadden85

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have an M2N32-SLI deluxe Mobo and i have tried this with 2 different dvd rw drives so i'm pretty sure it isn't the dvd rw. Basically it says DVD RW in My Computer until i insert a blank dvd then it changes to cd rom any suggestions?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go.

Are you having issues burning or using DVDs?

jmadden85

jmadden85

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
It seems to be just burning. Basically if I open up my computer when there is anything other then a blank dvd in the drive it will read "DVD-RW drive", after a blank is inserted it changes to "CD Drive" and I can't access the drive.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
And this occurs with multiple DVD drives? Are these connected through an IDE or SATA cable?

Have you had a look around your BIOS for options that may be restricting the use of your drive?

jmadden85

jmadden85

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
IDE not on cable select though, and no I guess I will try checking BIOS now.

jmadden85

jmadden85

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I checked BIOS and didn't see anything that would be doing it. So....I guess on to the next suggestion. I guess I should list some things I already did, deleted any/all programs for burning or things that may effect the drive, Uninstalled and reinstalled all IDE drivers, deleted upper and lower filters, uninstalled and reinstalled both DVD-RW drives.