Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless laptop connects to network but not internet

• Please log in to reply

emaan9301

emaan9301

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Hello, My husbands laptop suddenly stopped connecting to the internet through the router. He shows that it is connected to the network with excellent signal but he can no longer access the internet without the use of the usb cable. I have another computer that also uses a wireless connection and it has no problems, nor do I have any problems with my computer (via usb cable) I have turned off our router and reset it and he is still unable to connect to the internet. We have also rebooted his computer multiple times. This has been going on for a couple of days now and we were hoping that some one could possibly help us get this fixed.

His computer is an acer aspire, just over a 1 year old. We use a belkin 802.11 router that we have used for a couple of years now with no problems. We also have cable internet.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Advertisements

Myth_Of_Trojan

Myth_Of_Trojan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello, My husbands laptop suddenly stopped connecting to the internet through the router. He shows that it is connected to the network with excellent signal but he can no longer access the internet without the use of the usb cable. I have another computer that also uses a wireless connection and it has no problems, nor do I have any problems with my computer (via usb cable) I have turned off our router and reset it and he is still unable to connect to the internet. We have also rebooted his computer multiple times. This has been going on for a couple of days now and we were hoping that some one could possibly help us get this fixed.

His computer is an acer aspire, just over a 1 year old. We use a belkin 802.11 router that we have used for a couple of years now with no problems. We also have cable internet.

Thank you,

Jennifer

HI There
It looks simply like Networking Problem on Acer laptop which he is using as if there is something wrong with the router then all of your wireless machines will stop working.
So in this scenario i would suggest to look for wireless network driver on the Acer Laptop and i would like to check also the way you are connecting ......
Once all this is done you might like to go into Dos Prompt and ping to your Router Ip address and see the response and if you get response then try pinging to and of the site like www.ABC.com (note:ABC is website name).
This should work in my sense if not just reply me back and we can look into it more further..... :-) :)
All Da Best....
Regards
TRoJN

emaan9301

emaan9301

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
I would love to be able to do all of those things but have no idea how. It shows on his computer that he is connected to the network but he is unable to get internet through his connection now. He did mention that this started after our internet went down for maintenance one night. He has had this problem since then. I just can't figure it out since we have another computer here that also connects wireless and it has no problems.