Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webpages timeing out?

• Please log in to reply

Killer Goats

Killer Goats

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, well when I go to certain websites they won't show up and my browser comes up with a message telling me its timed out (I'm using Firefox). But other websites (such as this) show up just fine...

Help?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Check your Firewall logs to see if these sites are blocked. Also, check FF's Options under Content tab and Cookies under Privacy tab. There are options under the Security tab for checking sites against a downloaded blacklist. Does this happen with other browsers, Maxthon, Opera, IE, for the same sites? Or even Firefox in its own Safe Mode?

May or may not help: Standard diagnostic - Firefox

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 14 November 2007 - 12:50 AM.

djs425

djs425

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Your problem sounds similar to mine. I posted about 10 days ago with no luck. My suggestion to you would be to do a "system restore". Go to "all programs - accessories - system tools - system restore" and restore to a date prior to when your problem began.
Unfortunatley I can't do this because I flushed all restore points as part of some anti-spyware download. At least I am learning some stuff as a result of this problem I am having.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Would like to get answers to questions first before a system restore is done.

Ron