Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gettin Ical on Pocket PC

• Please log in to reply

mikhael

mikhael

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I am slowly making the shift away from windows and am almost 100% there. I just have two things holding my back. One of which i am asking about here.
I have searched many times and found that for the most part its nearly impossible to sync a pocket pc with a linux box.

Well I cant afford to switch to a palm based phone at the moment so i started thinking about what i used on my windows (pocket pc) based phone. I came up with the following:
Calender/tasks
and contacts

So basically outlook. Again i searched and found very little information on this. and i came to the conclusion that i would try and come up with my own solutions. my first idea was using the ics (Ical) format. I figured it was a pretty universally accepted calender file format. Outlook, Thunderbird, google, ect all use this. but i havent found a way (without using microsoft outlook) to get the ics data onto my pocket pc's mobile virsion of outlook.

has anyone found a way to get calenders, contacts, and or tasks onto the pocket pc from a linux box? (and from the phone to the linux box)

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello mikhael,

I wouldn't know enough about syncing Pocket PC with Linux boxes, but I searched Google and this was the first link pulled up:
Linux.com :: Sync your Pocket PC with Linux

Hope this helps,

Ax

mikhael

mikhael

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thank you but I have exhausted google's search results on the matter

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
How about the following (FinchSync):
How to sync your Pocket PC with Thunderbird - Mobile Minute - Download Squad

gillian001

gillian001

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am slowly making the shift away from windows and am almost 100% there. I just have two things holding my back. One of which i am asking about here.
I have searched many times and found that for the most part its nearly impossible to sync a pocket pc with a linux box.

Well I cant afford to switch to a palm based phone at the moment so i started thinking about what i used on my windows (pocket pc) based phone. I came up with the following:
Calender/tasks
and contacts

So basically outlook. Again i searched and found very little information on this. and i came to the conclusion that i would try and come up with my own solutions. my first idea was using the ics (Ical) format. I figured it was a pretty universally accepted calender file format. Outlook, Thunderbird, google, ect all use this. but i havent found a way (without using microsoft outlook) to get the ics data onto my pocket pc's mobile virsion of outlook.
ipad2 smart cover ipad 2 keyboard ipad 2 covers

has anyone found a way to get calenders, contacts, and or tasks onto the pocket pc from a linux box? (and from the phone to the linux box)

Thank you but I have exhausted google's search results on the matter

Edited by gillian001, 16 June 2011 - 02:58 AM.