Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Positive Huntington's Page

• Please log in to reply

Heather Dugdale

Heather Dugdale

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am 24, am experiencing Huntington’s disease symptoms. My family is one of the few in the world who have early onset. I was a Nurse before I got sick. I made a positive, comprehensive website. It has a blog, care giving tips, ways to fight brain fog, myths, my story, my families’ story, history, and ways to have a positive testing experience. I also put on there the poems I got published in the horizon. I have won 9 web awards.

http://heatherdugdale.angelfire.com/

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Congratualations on the web awards. I spent some time on your site today, and it is very powerful and moving. I admire the way you and your family make the best of what you have, instead of wishing for things you don't. Your husband sounds like a wise man, too. Thank you for sharing your site with us, and best of luck to you in the future. I would say, "I'm sorry." but I don't think that's quite right for your situation. You have chosen to live while you can, like we all should, so instead I will just give you a big hug.
Johanna

Heather Dugdale

Heather Dugdale

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you so much.

When I first applied for the awards. I never thought I could win them. I looked at everyone else’s and how much better they are. Now that I have so many I do feel that is just as good. You should have seen what I started out with. I had learn frame and tables.

I am very positive. You can't let anything defeat you. Especially some it is something you can't change. You have to deal, move on. Do the best that you can for that situation. I probably wouldn't be as good as I am without my husband. I never thought I could find a guy as supportive for the long run. I tried to make a hopeful site. I just saw to many non hopeful ones. I want people to see they can to have hope in there. They have futures. I will have the best of luck when they will find a cure. Which won't be long.
Thank you