Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A Few Questions

• Please log in to reply

wade_man_uk

wade_man_uk

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
How long does it take you guys at the moment to reply to a thread in the Malware section at the moment? Do you guys miss threads that are posted in the Malware section? If you guys miss somebodys thread does that person have to post a new thread and wait all that time again? Im not having a moan just a few things that I have been wondering about. Also may have a suggestion soon that could help you guys speed up the process of sorting out peoples malware problems and also should eliminate the problem of missing threads.

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hi wade_man_uk and welcome

I will save myself some typing and refer you to this Topic Don't mean for that too sound short,,

Also may have a suggestion soon that could help you guys speed up the process of sorting out peoples malware problems and also should eliminate the problem of missing threads.

We are always willing to listen to member feedback, If you have an idea please share it,

We are currently running a couple days maybe a bit more behind on logs in the malware forum,
One suggestion I do have is be sure you have run through the steps outlined in this Topic This saves us time in responding and asking the member to do so,
Look at the top pinned closed topics in the malware forum, its very helpful to us and helps to speed up the process if members would do this prior to post their log,,

Out of curiousity I just checked on your log and found your dealing with Smitfraud, Well this is a fairly new infection, Takes a couple days to get our hands around finding the soluation, I think it was 3 nights ago we saw our first of this and the next day we had many more and with each day they just keep coming,,,

Do you guys miss threads that are posted in the Malware section? If you guys miss somebodys thread does that person have to post a new thread and wait all that time again?

This is actually what slows us down, Duplicate post can be a problem not only do they bump down topics of members waiting for a reply but also we have to go back and close the topic, not a long process but it adds to the work load

Bumping a topic, Well most helpers are looking for topics not replied to if they see a reply they pass by it, Not intetionally of course but they think the member is being helped,

Hope that helps,,

Thanks
Don