Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Hard Drive Lost Video Driver

• Please log in to reply

PrissyKrissy

PrissyKrissy

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hi everyone! I just put a new hard drive in my old dell 4100 dimension desk top computer. I am only receiving 16 bit color and the NVIDIA GeForce2 MX Video Card is not being recognized. I have been all over the net looking for the driver starting with the obvious DELL and NVIDIA with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas of where I might find this driver? Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Advertisements

PrissyKrissy

PrissyKrissy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
OOps! I forgot to mention that the operating system on this computer is windows me. Thanks!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://support.dell..../...&hidlang=en there's the video drivers listed for a 4100 there are several that mention the geforce2 MX cards

PrissyKrissy

PrissyKrissy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
:) Thank you but that is not the driver it is only an update that applies to the driver. I've already been to DELL & NVIDIA websites.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
....did you try actually downloading and running one of those? did it tell you it was just an update? video drivers rarely come out as update only packages...they tend to package the full driver with updates

PrissyKrissy

PrissyKrissy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
:) :) Thank you for replying! Yes I downloaded it and tried running it in the computer. I don't remember now what the message was but something to the effect that there was nothing to install because the application didn't apply to.... Also I went back to the website and clicked on the link for NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX. On that page it clearly states this is an update for... If I am wrong then there is a deeper problem with the video card than I thought!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.nvidia.co...in9x_81.98.html <--that's it from the NVIDIA site (had to do some digging...i hate their site so bad)

PrissyKrissy

PrissyKrissy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
:) :) :) THANK YOU! That worked!!!!