Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lexar 1GB JumpDrive

• Please log in to reply

joejack

joejack

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a 1 GB Lexar JumpDrive. When I insert it into my USB port, all that it shows is a Public Folder with 7.78Mb.
There used to be another area with the remaining space as well as some other software which came with the drive
which enabled it for the full 1 GB which is missing now. May be accidentally removed by me or someone. So I cannot use
the jumpdrive past the 7.78 Mb. Any help to restore it to its original 1 Gb would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisements

Mentalist

Mentalist

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
tried reformatting it??

althoguh bare in mind anything on the drive, you will lose

Dngrsone

Dngrsone

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
How old is the drive? Flash memory devices do have a finite number of writes to them and when you exceed that, they will fail. Many manufacturers have good warranty's, though and you might be able to get it replaced.