Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 installation probs

• Please log in to reply

JeP

JeP

• Pip
  • 2 posts
'Runtime Error!

Program:E:\setup\rsrc\cod2.exe

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.'

This occurs when i click install, help please thanks :)

Advertisements

Trash man

Trash man

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
did u try setting up manually?

JeP

JeP

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
sorry what do you mean? Im nt good with computers :)

Trash man

Trash man

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
ok put in the cd right click on the cd/dvd drive in my computer. select open and click setup see if it works

shwhjw

shwhjw

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i've got this EXACT SAME error, and the funny thing is i've had COD2 installed on my computer b4. the even funnier thing is that i dont remember ever deleting it in the first place (but that might just be me)...

it doesnt even give u the option of entering the CD KEY. as soon as it autoplays it comes up with a window saying 'install, extras etc', and as soon as i click install the error message come up. (yes, i've tried exploring the disc and running the installation exe manually as well.)

all thats changed on my comp since it was last installed that might have had an affect is that i have a few programming programs installed (visual basic, devc++), but why should these have an affect?

im confused and i'm googling with no result!! :)

narcotix

narcotix

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I too am having the exact same problem.. put the disc in, it brings up the autoinstall window, and when i hit install, i get:

"Executable 'E:\Setup\rsrc\cod2.exe' had the following unrecoverable error:
Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll (required by C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\GrooveUtil.DLL)
Please ensure that it was installed"

So it's saying that the setup executable can't be located from the disc? I really have no idea what the problem could be, but I too have googled my arse off and I can't find any answers!!

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears! Please help!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
http://www.dll-files...s.shtml?msvcr80

download and extract to your \windows\system32 folder

shwhjw

shwhjw

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i've already looked. its definitely there, and for some reason this whole problem seems to be orbiting around that little MSVCR80.dll according to my google results... apparently its got something to do with the fact there are so many versions of this dll (such as msvcr60, 50, 40 etc). but i still dont get why it wont install, especially since it's been installed before. it's not just cod2.exe that gets this error either:

http://www.itwriting...log/?postid=261

there you can see that someone's got this problem with java.exe - this link is the closest thing to advice i've seen on the internet, yet it still doesnt tell you a straightforward way to solve the problem! :)

shwhjw

shwhjw

• Pip
  • 3 posts
BAHA!!

mine's (as if by magic) started working again...

first thing i did was de-frag my C drive (though this may not have anything to do with the problem at all)

then i put the cod2 disk in and clicked install, and lo-and-behold ... the error message came up again...

i then clicked on the 'install' button again without closing the error message, and it miraculously starts installing!

after it's installed the autoplay window came up, and i clicked on 'play multiplayer'. the same error message came up, but it works fine if i use the desktop shortcut.

NOTE: after the original error message came up, i used to get another error message saying something about that devious msvcr80.dll... this may have something to do with why it miraculously started working for me. i never used to get the 2nd message before i used an exe file called vcredist_x86.exe. if the above doesnt work, i suggest running this exe file (found here)

then try installing again and see if you get the msvcr80 error. if you do, dont close it, just try clicking install again.

sorry i couldnt explain it easier - i dont fully understand it myself.

hope this helps,

shwhjw

Edited by shwhjw, 05 January 2008 - 12:23 PM.

Laettner Lyle

Laettner Lyle

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello Guys
Anybody Help?
I cant play Call of Duty 2(single player)this is what it says:

Cannot locate DVD-ROM
please insert correct DVD-ROM,select ok then restart application.

I dont understand this.
I would appreciate if somebody would help boy or girl does not matter.
Thnx,Lyle

Laettner Lyle

Laettner Lyle

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey narcotix ive got a solution to ur problem.
Try uninstalling microsoft word then install call of duty.
I had that problem too,but it was fixed beacuse of this website (Thnx)

But this time i think the problem got me.
I have another problem.
Anybody Want to help?
Just read my posts.

Thnx,Lyle

stevenclark

stevenclark

• Pip
  • 1 posts
r6034 runtime error occurs when application is unable to load or find C dynamic library. when you try to install or update any application that needs C or C++ runtime library, if any one of dependent file is missing or not found, error r6034 occurs. You must visit the following link to know about how to fix this error.
http://www.r6034runtimeerrorfix.com

caseywillson

caseywillson

• Pip
  • 1 posts

In this situation you must have to take a complete backup of your system. Due to runtime error occur it may possible your some system files crashed so it is very necessary to scan PC with powerful and advance software to fix windows error.

kelliepeet

kelliepeet

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Runtime error r6034 is very common error in windows OS. Due to runtime error many system files get damaged or corrupt which is responsible for PC performance slow, automatic system restart issue etc. So imminently you have to fix runtime error with the help of third party repair tool which is easily available on the internet. You may also visit here to download software: http://www.removewindowserrors.com