Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Pc = Dead . HELP

• Please log in to reply

Mentalist

Mentalist

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
some one please help. i have quite an old pc to be honest, but i dont use it for gaming.. i have a seperate laptop for that. but i need to get this fixed as ai still use it time to time.. and its a fam pc.
on power up:
Power light flashes, no signal on monitor, drives power up.. but nothing... light continues to flash..

ive cleared cmos. resat the ram and graphics and still nothing. ive even resorted to the basics of checking all the cable...

i havent used this pc for a few months and nor hasanyone else.. i powered up today to find a broken pc :)

HELP

Advertisements

Mentalist

Mentalist

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
BUMP

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
definitely sounds like a power issue. What kind of computer do you have?

Mentalist

Mentalist

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
230W ATX.. dont know the model.. but my pc isnt hight spec..

400 mhz, 512 ram 40 gb hdd

its not a power issue.. the hard drives spin, the cpu fan spins.. and theres power going throug to mobo..
i believe the mobo is broke.. im currently looking at new ones.. but i dont want to resort to buying a whole new pc..

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Well if the computer doesn't power up it certainly could be a power issue. Just because the hd spins doesn't mean the Power supply is working properly... Try unpluging everything but one stick of memory and the video card.... if you still get nothing try removing the memory.... the computer won't boot but it should beep... if it doesn't try also removing the video and try again if it still doesn't beep then you may have a bad motherboard.... Good luck finding one..... something that old you may only be able to find on e-bay if at all... If you do get beeps by the way I'd say most likely it IS the power supply.

Mentalist

Mentalist

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
minus beeps atall.. and ive already figured its my mobo, buyage of a whole new pc... minus money.. anyone know any good sites??