Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Word 2003 stuck in taskbar

• Please log in to reply

pangolin

pangolin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I'm running Windows XP and have the office 2007 suite, which appears to have Windows 2003. Everything was working fine until today, when I went to open a document, and it created a tag in the taskbar as normal, but didn't pop up the program. I tried opening Windows from the recent programs area of the start menu. It did the initial display image and then same thing. Then went to find it in the office folder of the start menu and it isn't there, however WINWORD.EXE appears to be in the correct place on the C drive. What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

Hello, I'm running Windows XP and have the office 2007 suite, which appears to have Windows 2003.

Thanks in advance!

Do you mean "appears to have Word 2003"?

It sounds like you upgraded Office 2003 to Office 2007 and the upgrade process 'glitched' somehow, or you uninstalled Office 2003 before installing Office 2007 and the uninstall of the old version left some traces behind in the Registry and probably also in an Office program folder.

My advice is to uninstall every bit of Office, reboot, then check there's no 'Microsoft Office' folder in C:\Program Files (delete if present), then re-install Office 2007.

Edited by pip22, 17 November 2007 - 10:25 AM.