Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ram problems on laptop

• Please log in to reply

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I just recently bought a pair of 2x 1GB ram. The thing is it works, but when I'm doing something such as playing games or syncing with my iPod, the blue screen pops up. Ok, I reset it and see what happens. It happens again and again, I tried reinserting in the ram, and everything. Now I am using my old 1GB ram that came with the laptop.

My specs are:

Acer Aspire 5670
Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 2MB L2 cache)
15.4" WXGA CrystalBrite LCD with 16ms refresh rate.
ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 128MB
100GB 5400 RPM SATA hard drive
Slot-Load DVD super multi drive
1GB DDR2 dual channel memory
802.11 a/b/g wireless with singalup high efficiency antenna
Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
ExpressCard slot

The ram that I bought was:

http://www.crucial.c...LE=CT12864AC667

Thanks!

Advertisements

Dave Kruger

Dave Kruger

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Is the 1 GB that came with the laptop a single stick of memory, or was it 2x 512MB? You could try just installing one of the new modules to see if you can reproduce the error with one slot filled with the old memory, one with the new, if it occurs with only one of the new modules...might be a bad stick of memory.