Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hp's Quickplay app.

• Please log in to reply

Laptop-noob

Laptop-noob

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Ok the problem i have is on my:

Hp Pavilion entertainment pc, (Laptop)
Running: windows vista home premium

the problem is i can't change the brightness, what I mean is when I take still snapshots (pics) or videos with my built-in webcam they always turn out very dark. I'm currently in a enlighten room so that’s not the problem.

I’ve been to my friends house and on his laptop (Sony Vaio) the software he has to take pics has settings that let him change the brightness and contrast, saturation and whatnot, but Quickplay the software that comes with hp laptops lack those functions (or I just can’t find them :) ).

In the end what I’m really asking for is:

Can I change those settings on Quickplay?

if not..

Is there any software out there that can take pics out of my built in webcam and that will also let me change settings like brightness, contrast, ect..? (Preferably free)

Advertisements

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
I don't really like the HP Quickplay program, but I looked into it on my laptop.
I can't find any way to adjust picture quality with that program.

There is software available for working with pictures, adjusting image quality, etc.. I don't want to suggest any, as it is really a user preferance. You can Google for picture software and find something.

Although, I use Corel, which I think is a really good program. Adobe's software is probably top shelf, but expensive.

Another thing to consider on your HP laptop. If you are running on battery, the screen picture quality is going to be quite a bit darker than if you plug it in. Your laptop is set to conserve as much energy as possible while in battery mode.

Laptop-noob

Laptop-noob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
k well thanks.. for your help, ill look in to it and do more google searching