Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox will no longer open with Comodo firewall

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Well the title says it all! When I click on Firefox it wont load. This has just happened out of the blue. I have about 15 open tabs and I get the same message on them all:

"Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at click here.

* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
click here

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

IE 7 will load ok, though some sites give me in the bottom left of screen "Done, but with errors on page" and videos dont seem to play.

Earlier tonight when Firefox was working, it just froze. I couldnt close it, except by turning of the laptop.

Earlier I ran adaware and deleted 60 items.

What is going on I wonder?? I have XP Pro, am using Avast Anti Virus, Comodo ( well I was!), Adaware, and Spyware Blaster.
To be honest I have allowed some programs to access the internet, after a query from Comodo, but they were all ok programs, I thought. I did mention that "programs that change the way you access the internet.....may be trojans" or words to that effect.

But comodo never had a conflict with Firefox before. I wonder if I am infected...?

h

Advertisements

hawthorn

hawthorn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Can anyone help me with this please!??

Firefox wont run unless I close Comodo Firewall. IE7 will run but sometimes it gives a yellow exclamation mark in the bottom left hand corner.

I think it may be malware or something similar that might have done something to Firefox....or my system.

I scanned with Adaware a few nights ago; found and deleted 60 infections. I scanned the next day and there were 16 more already.....???

Thnx

h