Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't send email

• Please log in to reply

avnops

avnops

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am using Outlook 2007 and can receive emails on 3 different email accounts using a pop3 server but can't send them. I am using windows XP and a wireless router please help as it drives me nuts to have to go to IE and then sign on to the email account there and send the email! This only occurs when I am at home using my laptop but not at working utilizing the same laptop, so I know it must be a setting on my wireless at home I think! Here is the actual error messge!

Task 'Avnops - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 5.0.0 Access denied'

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Error 550 is usually caused by your trying to send email through an Internet Provider when you're not connected to them.

fruitandveggielover

fruitandveggielover

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I get the 550 error as pasted in here:
An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.embarqmail.com', Server: 'smtp.embarqmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 SBL-XBL restriction: See http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=67.236.144.113', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

I have been on the phone for an hour with two different reps from Embarqmail and have walked me through everything they can think of but still it doesn't work. Any ideas? I can receive but not send.

1 stop geek shop

1 stop geek shop

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Try changing your SMTP port to 1760...