Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TEREDO TUNNELING BLOCKING ACCESS TO WIRELESS NETWO

• Please log in to reply

Aguila

Aguila

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was picking up from my house a NETGEAR wirless network that is using cable modem to access the internet. I still see the network on my on range wireless networks and it says that is 'unsecured' but when I click 'connect' it takes a while and then it says that it cannot connect. When I typed on the command prompt the command: ipconfig /all instead of getting a numeric IP ADDRESS I am getting some combination of letters, and this new thing called TEREDO TUNNELING PSEUDO INTERFACE...does this mean that this wireless network is firewall protected? How can I get into and gain acess again?

Advertisements

bobbywilson

bobbywilson

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi, it's very well possible that they are using MAC ADDRESS Filtering. In which case you will have a very difficult time getting on their Access Point. Look up MAC ADDRESSES if you need more help understanding how they work.

http://compnetworkin.../macaddress.htm