Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Would this be a good system for current and future games

• Please log in to reply

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Yes anything can be "able" to do anything its how good it does it that matters. Also you should wait till next year when prices get cheaper cause your justing wasting your money by buying these parts and then just upgrading again.

Soorena

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Not really, The sims 2 doesn't have really high reuiqements.
AMD's new quads are backwards compatible with AM2.

Yes, that processor will get the job done, though some tasks on CS2 may take a little longer to complete.
James

Edited by james_8970, 01 December 2007 - 11:04 PM.

chancy4342

chancy4342

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
well i was thinking about buying this PC from Circuit City
http://www.circuitci...roductDetail.do
and in the middle of next year ill upgrade the mobo,cpu,and video card

But right when i get it im planning on getting a 600 watt Antec PSU and a SAPPHIRE 100218L Radeon HD 2600XT video card

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Thats actually a fair priced system. Why buy a system now just to basically replace everything in the middle of next year?

Get a x19x0 series card instead, they are cheaper then a 2600XT and perform about the same. If you want something better but don't want to break the bank I suggest looking at the HD3850.
James

chancy4342

chancy4342

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
ok thanks

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Think I could sue HP for advertising the integrated graphics (GeForce 6150SE) as "great for more demanding games"?

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
It wouldn't even go to court because of the following reasons:
1. There definition of a demanding game would likely greatly differ from our definition (mine would be Crysis).
2. To me, great means high settings, to HP it would mean running low settings and getting "playable" FPS.

Never believe in marketing hype. I still remember how AMD advertised their Athlon CPU's as the first 64bit processor, all lies, 64bit processors first came out in the early 1990's. Whatever will make a company money will make the share holders happy.....
James

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

2. To me, great means high settings, to HP it would mean running low settings and getting "playable" FPS.

James

It probably can't even do that, I had 6200 256Mb for my desktop and it couldn't handle Need For Speed let alone anything else.

Soorena

chancy4342

chancy4342

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
so when i get this system it comes with vista on the hard drive so when i change mobo later in life and reconect it will it be fully functional or will i have to do somthing for it to work

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
You can try and just swap mobos in the hope that everything works, but most likely since your hardware ID has changed you will have to reinstall windows.

Soorena

Advertisements

chancy4342

chancy4342

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
but if i buy it from dell it should come with the reinstal disk right because the PC my family got came with a windows reinstal disk

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
I bought a laptop last year and it didn't come with one :) you wanna call and confirm that it does or else your looking at spending at least another 100 dollars.

Soorena