Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

W32MYZOR.FK@YF virus warning popup fixed with Windows XP Restore

• Please log in to reply

vinoamigo

vinoamigo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:) After getting infected with Malware I was able to clean up my computer by using Windows XP restore feature.

The Malware signs infecting my computer were

1) Warnings (yellow triangle) in my system tray (lower right hand corner of the toolbar)

2) Everytime I launch internet explorer I would be re-directed to AntiGear.com to buy software to fix the problem,
with a pop up screen saying W32MYZOR.FK@YF virus warning.

I had McAfee Internet Suite and it did not detect spyware or virsus so I assumed it was a false warning, just a gimick to buy anti-Gear virus protection. I think of this like the Mob to pay for protection or they burn down your store.

After a day of living with this infection,i t was pissing me off.

After reading the messsages on Geekstogo Malware I learned about the restore feature on Windows XP. This lets you restore the computer back to a time without the infection. The easiest method was to use to "search" my files for "restore" and double click on the shortcut in the list. Then follow the restore instructions and when the calandar pops up pick a date back in time before the infection. After about 5 mins, the computer boots back up and rans like it used too. Its been about an hour now and the infection is gone.

This website helped alot.

Edited by vinoamigo, 19 November 2007 - 12:49 AM.

Advertisements