Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Turns Off... the Beeps

• Please log in to reply

geekako

geekako

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I have this problem for a while... First I have this problem it just randomly shuts down. the weird thing is that the CPU lights are still on as well as the lights on the keyboard and mouse. but the monitor turns off and the orange light starts to blink. Sometimes when I restart my machine, it reboots ok but sometimes the monitor turns on for a moment then OFF again (the CPU lights ON). In times when my computer starts ok, an alert appears

Overclocking Failed! Please enter Setup to re-configure your system.
Press F1 to Run SETUP
Press F2 to load default values and continue

so i searched the net for similar problems and i found some. but the solution was not clear. some say it was the power supply some say the ASUS motherboard. so i decided to go with the motherboard. i bought an MSI motherboard and i think the problem worsen. Now it never goes ON (but again the CPU, keyboards and mouse's lights are ON). The monitor momentarily turns ON but turns OFF in a second.

Im not sure if the problem is the way i connected the new mobo. i double checked and my connections seem fine. Any help...???

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to connect the computer to another monitor and see if it works well. The problem might be with the monitor.

Do you use an on-board video card or do you use another one which you moved from the old motherboard. You may have moved the problem from the old to the new board. If the new board has an on-board video connection try to connect the monitor to this one. If you also has an add-on card take it out and try only the one on-board.

Faulty or week Power supply is a possibility. Another possibility is faulty ram which I believe you moved from the other motherboard. Use the link in my signature to Microsoft memory test utility. Create a bootable cd, reboot with the cd in the drive at let it run for an hour or so. See if there are any errors.

I assume that your compter is not overclocked. If it is, set the BIOS to default values.