Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pop-ups and Virsues everywhere

• Please log in to reply

Seneca

Seneca

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Good morning. Over the past week, my PC has been afflicted with multiple pop-ups, spyware, viruses, you name it. I am getting pop-ups every few minutes for virus removal software and my whole desktop has turned into a red screen that says "Your privacy is in danger - Download privacy protection software now". Can't get rid of it.

I am getting icons on my desktop for "Error Cleaner", "Privacy Protector," "Spyware Protection" and getting pop--ups for ConfidentSurf, Secure P Cleaner and others. I am also getting messages popping up that have Windows security alerts for virus intrusion, and also some for Worm.Win32.NetSky. When Spybot is run, it finds Smitfraud and Virtumonde but even after fixing it, it comes back every time. I have also run Ad-aware and Vundofix, but they are not getting rid of the problem. Please help!!!

Advertisements