Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

free spywayre program?

• Please log in to reply

tracee712

tracee712

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I have spysweeper but it will only scan.. and not allow you to get rid of it until you purchase. I have a lot of spyware on my comp it seems and I want to know if there is a free program to get rid of it! :) thank you for your help!

-Tracee

Advertisements

Thunderbird1988

Thunderbird1988

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
Hello Tracee,

AVG-Antispyware and SuperAntispyware Are both good free antispyware products, and they can also both remove spyware.
If you download AVG-Antispyware you get also a "Plus" version which has real-time protection and an automatic update feature. After 30 days they will be disabled, but you can still manually update, scan and clean with it.

If those programs don't get rid of your spyware, then please read this and post then a log in the Malware Forum.

Thunderbird1988

sharlpero

sharlpero

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Ad-Aware is free and works quite well.

tracee712

tracee712

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Thank ya'll so much!

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
I've used Spybot Search & Destroy for years and find it excellent at getting some of the toughest spyware out. Coupled with Adaware they do a good job.

Damien Kane

Damien Kane

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I use Ad-Aware (www.Lavasoft.com/Adaware_2007) and it's just as good as Spybot (www.spybot.info/en). They are very good but are only on-demand, which means that they don't reside in your system tray, so if you get spyware, you won't know about it until you scan. If your antivirus doesn't have an online resident scanner, you should get one.

I recommend Tenebril's Spycatcher Express (http://www.tenebril....her-express.php). It's a resident scanner although you have to update manually - one of the very few limitations. Another one you could try, which is just as good but heavy on resources, is Spyware Terminator (www.spywareterminator.com). It has a resident shield and various types of updates, and even the option to install an open source antivirus called Clam-AV - all free and legal!

If Spyware Terminator could control its resources, it'd be very popular. It has spyware and antivirus which doesn't conflict with a lot of antivirus programs and HIPS (another type of security layer).

So, installing Comodo Firewall, Avast! Antivirus and Spyware Terminator with Clam-AV will give you a secure computer for the grand cost of $0.

Hope this helps!