Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Device not starting properly

• Please log in to reply

fmcd007

fmcd007

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I am having trouble connecting my Laptop computer to the internet.

I have bought a Belkin Wireless B USB Network Adaptor to connect to the wireless network set up in our house. After using the installation disc to load the programme i am instructed to plug in the wireless card into my USB connection. it is here where the problem starts. My computer is not reading the wireless card.

I think it may be a hardware issue with my computer as i re-booted my system before and haven't been connected to the internet since.

When i go to System Properties - Hardware - Device Manager i get a list of all devices and i scroll down and click on Network Adaptors . "BCM5701 Gigibit Ethernet" comes up with a yellow exclamation mark beside it. when i double click on this, under Device Status it says "This device cannot start. (code 10)"

Any help or insight into this problem well be greatly appreciated as going through previous forums has not lead to any ideas or conclusions as to what the problem might be.

Operating System is as follows:
Dell Inspiron 1100. Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2.

thanks in advance for any help!!

Advertisements