Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[CoD4] Need help! Error 1610

• Please log in to reply

Tried2bSneaky

Tried2bSneaky

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, im having a problem with cod4. When i try to install the game, i get this error: Error: -1610 the configuration data for this product is corrupt. Please contact your support personnel. Now, i have read a couple of forums, with people that have the same problem as i have with other games. And they all replied to the one with the problem, that you need to update installshield. Now they gave them this site:http://consumer.inst....asp?id=Q108158 wich says you need to look at the file setup version of the setup.exe(from the game you need to install). Now there's driver updates for file version numbers starting with 7,8,9,9.5,10,10.5 and 11. My file version number of the setup.exe from cod4 starts with 12, so there's no driver wich i can download?! Anyone knows what to do? Ive tryed alot already.

p.s. The installshield website might explain it better

Edited by sn34kyb4st4rd, 19 November 2007 - 02:31 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Try removing and reinstalling InstallShield from your computer. Please refer to the InstallShield Page for directions on how to do this. This game uses InstallShield version 9.0 and has a file with the .msi extension is the same directory as the installer file. This information will be relevant on the installshield page linked above.

Tried2bSneaky

Tried2bSneaky

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Nope already tryed it.. Tryed it again a couple of min ago but still, it doesnt work. I also tryed to clear my C: drive. I have a Dell computer so i have to put in a cd from dell first. Then you have to chose a couple of installation options like being able to choose/clear the partition you want to install windows on. After that, my computer reboots, and starts up again in the bios(if thats what its called). Now i can choose the partition where i want to install windows on or eventually clearing the partition. When i try to clear the C: partition it says that there are temporary installation files on that partition so it could not be cleared. Now i read somewhere on the microsoft site that you can also clear the c: partition in a dos prompt, when the computer starts. Somebody else told me your only able to do that with a FAT32 hd. I got an NTFS(?) hd so i cant do it according to him.

Now i dont know what else to do, maybe someone else know?

Edited by Tried2bSneaky, 20 November 2007 - 02:24 PM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
How did you land up obtaining your COD4 Game? I got mine from Direct2drive. I have recived this error before when the download was corrupt.

Edited by tuxmaster, 20 November 2007 - 08:30 PM.

Tried2bSneaky

Tried2bSneaky

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Nvm, already fixed it :) I skipped a couple of things... Thats why i still had the error. I downloaded the game first, to see if my pc could run it. When i bought the game in store, i uninstalled CoD4 first. When i tryed to install CoD4 from the cd i got the error, didnt know i had to delete everything in the register too.

Edited by Tried2bSneaky, 21 November 2007 - 10:37 AM.