Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Couple of glitches

• Please log in to reply

logicaluser

logicaluser

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Nothing too major, just a few little bugs on my computer I'd like to somehow remove.

Firstly, every time my computer starts up I get these two error messages, http://img408.images...7/errorsip4.jpg

Secondly, also a start up problem. I'm using a D-Link WiFi adapter. I installed their software, and all works ok, except on start up Wireless Zero Configruation does not start automatically and as such my computer doesn't automatically connect to the network. Also think there is some kind of conflict as my connection to the network is very temperamental. Sometimes it'll work for weeks before disconnecting, other times it can disconnect 15 times in 30 minutes.

Thirdly, and finally, Firefox when left running just starts taking up an obscene amount of memory. For instance right now its memory usage is at 154,176 K and it just rises and rises, despite only four tabs being open and nothing to memory intense, just some forums.

Thanks for the help, as ever.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The issue with a computer not automatically connecting to a wireless device after you restart the computer is fixed in Service Pack 2.

HDReg is a sound driver issue.
Windows Defender issue is usually caused by Windows Defender. Uninstall and reinstall.

As to Firefox - this is surprisingly common, but as forums have flash files, adverts and what not, all of which are loaded into memory by Firefox.